Monday, January 18, 2010

The Tanzanian Express


As most people probably would, I had mixed emotions upon learning that I was going to be in constant contact with a foreigner. I knew he must be intelligent and highly courageous to come to a country very far away from everyone that he knew and loved, so I respected him from the beginning. This big man later revealed that he was the first from his family to ever step an inspired foot on American soil. I have successfully brainwashed him into becoming a Dallas Cowboys fanatic while he should be credited with peaking my interest in world soccer. Undoubtedly, we have got along quite well because we have been very courteous to each other. He is from Tanzania, and he often makes subtle remarks dealing with how much more developed the United States is when compared to many countries in Africa. He has reinforced and amplified my feeling of unbelievable gratitude in terms of realizing how lucky I am to live in the greatest country in the world. In addition, my bud is a Christian similar to myself. He has assisted me by making sure I am making time for my spiritual life. I also thoroughly enjoy hearing his words of encouragement after a grueling day of football practice.
Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

No comments:

Post a Comment